Friday 19 June 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 19, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Gehrig and Wally Hammond.
The Inn Where No Man Rests, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 June 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1903 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Lou Gehrig: 1st baseman (New York Yankee), dies at 37 of ALS in Riverdale, New York.
- Wally Hammond: English cricketer and coach (d. 1965).
- Jeanette MacDonald: Actress.
- Marcel Lapierre: French journalist, sub-editor of the newspaper Le Peuple (The People), unionist, film critic and writer.
- Mary Callery: American-French sculptor and academic (d. 1977).
- Hans Litten: German jurist (Born 1903).
- Herbert Vaughan: Roman Catholic archbishop (Born 1832).