Friday 19 June 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Gehrig and Wally Hammond.
while The Pit by Frank Norris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1903 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Lou Gehrig: 1st baseman (New York Yankee), dies at 37 of ALS in Riverdale, New York.
- Wally Hammond: English cricketer and coach (d. 1965).
- Marcel Lapierre: French journalist, sub-editor of the newspaper Le Peuple (The People), unionist, film critic and writer.
- Mary Callery: American-French sculptor and academic (d. 1977).
- Hans Litten: German jurist (Born 1903).
- Herbert Vaughan: Roman Catholic archbishop (Born 1832).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Old Kentucky Home - Haydn Quartet
- The Rosary - Henry Burr
- If Money Talks, It Ain't On Speaking Terms with Me - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?