Friday 25 March 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Signoret and Nancy Kelly.
The Love Light, directed by Frances Marion, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1921!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1921 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Simone Signoret: German-born actress, winner of the Best Actress Oscar for "Room At the Top" and the Best Foreign Film Award for "Madame Rosa" in 1977.
- Nancy Kelly: Lowell, Massachusetts -- Actress (Double Exposure, Jesse James).
- Alexandra of Greece and Denmark: Queen of Yugoslavia (d. 1993).
- Mariette Beco: Belgian mystic, who claimed that she witnessed visitations from the Virgin Mary on several occasions with the first coming to her as she sat looking out the window of her home on January 15, 1933 at about 7 PM.
- Alexandra of: Alexandra of Yugoslavia (d. 1993).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - Margie
- Rosie - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra