Thursday 25 March 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Wint and Jean-Joël Barbier.
Terror Island, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1920 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Arthur Wint: Jamaican runner (d. 1992).
- Jean-Joël Barbier: French writer and pianist, best known for his recording of the complete piano works of Erik Satie.
- Edgar Doneux: Belgian orchestra conductor.
- Howard Cosell: WinstonSalem Actor.
- Patrick Troughton: Actor (Dr Who-Dr Who), dies at 56.
- Paul Scott: English author poet and playwright (d. 1978)
- Greek Independence Day.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?