Sunday 26 October 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mohammad Reza Pahlavi Aryamehr and Edward W.
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1919 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Mohammad Reza Pahlavi Aryamehr: Shah of Iran (1941-79).
- Edward W: Brooke first black senator in over 80 years (Senator-Republican-Mass).
- Edward Brooke: American lawyer and politician, and the first African-American elected to the U.S.
- John Gronouski: American economist, government official.
- Ashraf Pahlavi: Iranian royalty, the twin-sister of the Shah of Iran.
- Mohammed Pahlavi: Iranian royalty, the Shah, an absolute monarch from 1941, formally crowned 1967. Hoping to build his kingdom into a modern superpower, supplying the world with 25% of its oil, through the '60s and early '70s, Iran's economy thrived, illiteracy fell and he imported Western technology. However in the long run, the improvements brought in by the Shah were too little and his reforms were not carried through. His country became torn by strife and insurrection in 1978 and he was driven out the followi
- Ashraf: Princess Ashraf of Iran (d. 2016)
- Frank Bourgholtzer: American television correspondent (Born 1919)
- Mohammad Pahlavi: Shah of Iran (d. 1980)
- B C Hilliams musical Buddies, premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- And He'd Say Oo-La-La! Wee Wee! - Billy Murray
- Henry Burr - Oh! What a Pal was Mary
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Columbia Saxophone Sextette
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?