Wednesday 8 October 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Valmy and Flavio Ambrosetti.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1919 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- André Valmy
- Flavio Ambrosetti: Swiss jazz musician.
- Gilbert Declercq (trade union leader)
- Bob Gillespie (baseball)
- Jack McGrath: American racing driver (d. 1955).
- Kiichi Miyazawa: Japanese politician 78th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2007).
- Bob Gillespie: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers, Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox from 1944 to 1950.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Put Up the Kitchen Stove - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones
- Take Your Girlie to the Movies (If You Can't Make Love At Home) - Irving Kaufman