Wednesday 8 October 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Flavio Ambrosetti and Bob Gillespie.
The Dragon Painter, directed by William Worthington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1919 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Flavio Ambrosetti: Swiss jazz musician.
- Bob Gillespie: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers, Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox from 1944 to 1950.
- Jack McGrath: American racing driver (d. 1955).
- Kiichi Miyazawa: Japanese politician 78th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Want to Hold You in My Arms - Al Bernard & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?