Friday 31 October 1919, Halloween
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Grüss and William Fulton.
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1919 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- André Grüss: French circus artist, the father of circus director Alexis Grüss.
- William Fulton: Berkeley Military man.
- Gabriel Peronnet: Le Vernet Politician.
- Daphne Oxenford: English actress (d. 2012).
- Magnus Wenninger: American priest, author of Polyhedron models.
- John White: American actor (d. 1988)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- And He'd Say Oo-La-La! Wee Wee! - Billy Murray
- Henry Burr - Oh! What a Pal was Mary
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Columbia Saxophone Sextette
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?