Thursday 27 August 1908US date format: 8/27/1908, UK date format: 27/8/1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lyndon Johnson and Don Bradman.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1908 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Lyndon Johnson: American politician, the 36th U.S.
- Don Bradman: Australian cricketer and manager (d. 2001).
- Lyndon B. Johnson: President.
- Frank Leahy: football coach (Notre Dame), dies at age 64.
- Kurt Wegner: German artist (d. 1985).
- Donald Bradman: Cricket Player.
- Calgary City Rugby Foot-ball Club re-organizes as the Tigers
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band