Wednesday 11 August 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Kale and Kenny Gamble.
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1943 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- James Kale: Rocker (Guess Who).
- Kenny Gamble: US songwriter (Me & Mrs Jones).
- Krzysztof Meyer: Composer.
- Stefania Toczyska: Polish mezzo-soprano.
- Abigail Folger: American noted family, the heiress to the Folger Coffee fortune and a debutante, formally introduced into polite society 2/21/1961.
- Jim Kale: Canadian bass player (The Guess Who)
- Pervez Musharraf: Pakistani general and politician 10th President of Pakistan
- Denis Payton: English saxophonist (The Dave Clark Five) (d. 2006)
- Red Army recaptures Tchukujev, at Kharkov
- US amphibians land at Brolo on north coast of Sicily
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?