Wednesday 11 August 1943US date format: 8/11/1943, UK date format: 11/8/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pervez Musharraf and Abigail Folger.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1943 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Pervez Musharraf: Pakistani general and politician 10th President of Pakistan.
- Abigail Folger: American noted family, the heiress to the Folger Coffee fortune and a debutante, formally introduced into polite society 2/21/1961.
- Clem Haskins
- Kenny Gamble: US songwriter (Me & Mrs Jones).
- Krzysztof Meyer: Composer.
- Ronnie Spector: Musician.
- Jim Kale: Canadian bass player (The Guess Who).
- Denis Payton: English saxophonist (The Dave Clark Five) (d. 2006).
- Stefania Toczyska: Polish mezzo-soprano.
- Jimmy Griffin: Musician.
- James Kale: Rocker (Guess Who).
- Red Army recaptures Tchukujev, at Kharkov
- US amphibians land at Brolo on north coast of Sicily