Monday 9 August 1943US date format: 8/9/1943, UK date format: 9/8/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danièle Gaubert and Danielle Gaubert.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1943 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Danièle Gaubert
- Willy Coppernolle: French homicide; he raped and killed Abdel, an 11 year old boy, on 3/27/1993, in Remoulins, France, ten days after his release following a five year sentence for rape.
- Danielle Gaubert: French actress, who was discovered at 16 by Claude Autant-Lara, who chose her for the film Les régates de San Francisco, and soon after appeared in a number of German and Italian productions, including Una storia milanese (1962), Flight from Ashiya (1964), The Golden Claws of the Cat Girl (fr) (1968), Camille 2000 (1969) and Underground (1970).
- Jacques Lewiner: French physicist and inventor, who is Professor and Honorary Scientific Director of 'École supérieure de physique et de chimie industrielles de la ville de Paris' (ESPCI ParisTech).
- Ken Norton: American boxer and actor (d. 2013).