Sunday 27 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Williams and Christine Carère.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1930 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Shirley Williams: British politician who, as a former member of the Labour Party, became one of the founders of the Social Democratic Party.
- Christine Carère: French film actress, in films from 1950.
- Andy White (drummer)
- Joy Whitby: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Ronald Dearing: Chairman (British Post Office).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?