Sunday 27 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Williams and Christine Carère.
Sweet Kitty Bellairs, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1930 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Shirley Williams: British politician who, as a former member of the Labour Party, became one of the founders of the Social Democratic Party.
- Christine Carère: French film actress, in films from 1950.
- Andy White (drummer)
- Ronald Dearing: Chairman (British Post Office).
- Joy Whitby: English director producer and screenwriter.