Friday June 27, 1941
US date format: 6/27/1941, UK date format: 27/6/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Krzysztof Kieslowski and Avi Lerner.
The Bride Came C.O.D., directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 27, 1941?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Bialystok Poland falls to Germany
- Nazi manifest against the Jews in Amsterdam
- Romanian governmental forces, allies of Nazi Germany, launch one of the most violent pogroms in Jewish history in the city of Iasi, (Romania), resulting in the murder of at least 13,266 Jews.
- German troops capture the city of Bia?ystok during Operation Barbarossa.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial