Thursday 29 June 1939US date format: 6/29/1939, UK date format: 29/6/1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sante Gaiardoni and Lo Lieh.
On Borrowed Time, directed by Harold S. Bucquet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1939 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Sante Gaiardoni: Italian pro cyclist who won the Gold...
- Lo Lieh: Hong Kong martial artist actor and...
- Carlo Verri (administrator)
- Jack Harbaugh: Coach.
- Amarildo da Silveira: Brazilian footballer and coach.
- 4th Dutch government of Colijn falls
- Dixie Clipper completes 1st commercial plane flight to Europe
- Ford 9N tractor with Ferguson hydraulic three-point hitch first demonstrated at Dearborn, Michigan.