Sunday 30 August 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fred MacMurray and Jean-Louis Lortat-Jacob.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1908 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Fred MacMurray: Actor (My Three Sons), dies of pneumonia at 83.
- Jean-Louis Lortat-Jacob
- Maurice Archambaud: French professional cyclist from 1932 to 1944, nicknamed le nabot ("the dwarf") due to his short stature.
- Leonor Fini: Painter.
- Giulio D'Anna: Italy Painter.
- Leda Gloria: Italian film actress who appeared in 66 films between 1929 and 1965.
- Willie Bryant: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Singer (Sugar Hill Times).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band