Sunday 30 August 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fred MacMurray and Jean-Louis Lortat-Jacob.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1908 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Fred MacMurray: Actor (My Three Sons), dies of pneumonia at 83.
- Jean-Louis Lortat-Jacob
- Maurice Archambaud: French professional cyclist from 1932 to 1944, nicknamed le nabot ("the dwarf") due to his short stature.
- Leonor Fini: Painter.
- Giulio D'Anna: Italy Painter.
- Leda Gloria: Italian film actress who appeared in 66 films between 1929 and 1965.
- Willie Bryant: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Singer (Sugar Hill Times).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band