Sunday 30 August 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonor Fini and Willie Bryant.
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1908 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Leonor Fini: Painter.
- Willie Bryant: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Singer (Sugar Hill Times).
- Maurice Archambaud: French professional cyclist from 1932 to 1944, nicknamed le nabot ("the dwarf") due to his short stature.
- Leda Gloria: Italian film actress who appeared in 66 films between 1929 and 1965.
- Giulio D'Anna: Italy Painter.
- Fred MacMurray: Actor (My Three Sons), dies of pneumonia at 83
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?