Friday 28 August 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Merle and Marguerite Young.
Robin Hood, directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1908 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Robert Merle
- Marguerite Young: Writer, dies at 87.
- Roger Tory Peterson: New York, United States -- Ornithologist / writer (How to Know Birds).
- Roger Tory Peterson: Environmentalist.
- Renaud Rinaldi: Gap physician.
- Roger Peterson: American ornithologist and author (d. 1996).
- Jacques Bordeneuve: Ste Livrade / Lot Politician.
- 14th US Golf Open: Fred McLeod shoots a 322 at Myopia Hunt Club, Massachusetts
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band