Friday August 28, 1908
US date format: 8/28/1908, UK date format: 28/8/1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 28, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Robert Merle and Jacques Bordeneuve.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 28, 1908?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- 14th US Golf Open: Fred McLeod shoots a 322 at Myopia Hunt Club, Massachusetts
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 28, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Arthur Pryor's Band - Red Wing Medley
- Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora - La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love)
- Henry Burr - I Want You
- Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer - Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains)
- Frank Stanley & Henry Burr - Bye Bye Dearie
- Ada Jones - I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Smarty