Tuesday 4 August 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Wilkinson and Osbert Lancaster.
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Lure of the Mask by Harold MacGrath was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1908 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When We Are M-A-Double-R-I-E-D - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Uncle Josh's Letter from Home - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?