Monday 24 August 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Diole and Robert Monnet.
Robin Hood, directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1908 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Philippe Diole: France Writer.
- Robert Monnet: Clermont-Ferrand physician.
- Shivaram Rajguru: Indian activist (d. 1931).
- Tommy Burns KOs Bill Squires in 13 for heavyweight boxing title
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band