Monday August 24, 1908
US date format: 8/24/1908, UK date format: 24/8/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Diole and Robert Monnet.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 24, 1908?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- See more
- Tommy Burns KOs Bill Squires in 13 for heavyweight boxing title
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 24, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Arthur Pryor's Band - Red Wing Medley
- Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora - La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love)
- Henry Burr - I Want You
- Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer - Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains)
- Frank Stanley & Henry Burr - Bye Bye Dearie
- Ada Jones - I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Smarty