Thursday 20 August 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne Stern and Al Lopez.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1908 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Al Lopez: American baseball player and manager (Born 1908).
- Jeanne Stern: Writer.
- John Reginald Bevins: Politician.
- Kingsley Davis: Sociologist / demographer, coined (population explosion).
- Al Lopez: American baseball player and manager (d. 2005).
- Alfonso Lopez: baseball player (American League Manager of the year 1959).
- Gaston Le Morvan: France sport Champion.
- Al López: American baseball player and manager (d. 2005).
- Louis Varney: Composer, dies at 64.
- Congo Free State becomes the Belgian Congo.