Thursday 6 August 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René de Castries and Helen Jacobs.
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1908 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- René de Castries
- Helen Jacobs: American tennis player and commander (d. 1997).
- James Lees-Milne: Architecural historian.
- Sol Adler: Economist Sinophile.
- Svend Erik Tarp: Composer.
- Georg Hygen: Norwegian botanist.
- George Singer: Composer.
- Robert Sonrier: Les Loges-Margueron physician.
- Will Lee: American actor (d. 1982).
- Lajos Vajda: Hungarian painter and illustrator (d. 1941).
- de Castries: La Bastide d'Engras Writer.
- Helen Hull Jacobs: Berkley, California -- US tennis champ (1932-35).