Friday 14 August 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 14, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lady Jean Swaythling and Manos Katrakis.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1908 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Lady Jean Swaythling: Chief controller (ATS).
- Manos Katrakis: Greek actor (d. 1984).
- Dernard Chochoy: Nielles les Bléquin Politician.
- Race riot in Springfield Illinois.
- The first beauty contest is held in Folkestone, England.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love, and the World is Mine - Henry Burr
- Peerless Quartet - Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming