Tuesday 25 August 1908US date format: 8/25/1908, UK date format: 25/8/1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Esther Waterhouse and Philip Coolidge.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Esther Waterhouse: Doctor / Methodist.
- Philip Coolidge: Concord, Massachusetts -- Actor (I Want to Live, Tingler).
- Louise Foussat: American Indian community educator & historian, she was an advocate for the San Luis Rey Luiseno Band of Indians.
- National Association of Colored Nurses, forms
- Allen Winter wins US first $50,000 trotting race.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band