Tuesday August 25, 1908
US date format: 8/25/1908, UK date format: 25/8/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 25, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Esther Waterhouse and Louise Foussat.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 25, 1908?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- National Association of Colored Nurses, forms
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 25, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Arthur Pryor's Band - Red Wing Medley
- Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora - La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love)
- Henry Burr - I Want You
- Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer - Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains)
- Frank Stanley & Henry Burr - Bye Bye Dearie
- Ada Jones - I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Smarty