Monday August 6, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include JonBenet Ramsey and Ferne McCann.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Flatliners, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Megatrends 2000 by John Naisbitt and Patricia Aburdene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Laugh.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Final Countdown or Air Duel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1990 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- JonBenet Ramsey: American homicide victim, one of the most famous and frustrating cases of the '90s.
- Ferne McCann: Reality Star.
- JonBenTt Ramsey: American beauty queen and murder victim (dies 1996).
- Jacques Soustelle: French politician, ethnologist and anthropologist, Governor General of Algeria in 1955-56.
- Gordon Metcalfe: Actor (Monster in the Closet), dies of AIDS at 43.
- Mario De Andrade: Founder (Movimiento Popular of Lib of Angola).
- Robert Alex: Shot to death by robber at 31.
- Charles Arnt: Actor (Double Exposure), dies of pancreatic cancer at 82.
- President Ghulam Ishaq Kahn dismisses Premier Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan
- UN Security Council votes 13-0 (2 abstensions Cuba and Yemen) to place economic sanctions against Iraq
- New York Yankees' player Kevin Mass sets record with 11th home run in first 86 at bats.
- Gulf War: the United Nations Security Council orders a global trade embargo against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Daniela Romo - Explorame
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Me Tienes Que Querer - Yuri
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?