Monday 6 August 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include JonBenTt Ramsey and JonBenet Ramsey.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Flatliners, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bad Blood or Final Lap 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1990 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- JonBenTt Ramsey: American beauty queen and murder victim (dies 1996).
- JonBenet Ramsey: American homicide victim, one of the most famous and frustrating cases of the '90s.
- Ferne McCann: Reality Star.
- Gordon Metcalfe: Actor (Monster in the Closet), dies of AIDS at 43.
- Mario De Andrade: Founder (Movimiento Popular of Lib of Angola).
- Robert Alex: Shot to death by robber at 31.
- Jacques Soustelle: French politician, ethnologist and anthropologist, Governor General of Algeria in 1955-56.
- Charles Arnt: Actor (Double Exposure), dies of pancreatic cancer at 82.
- President Ghulam Ishaq Kahn dismisses Premier Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan
- UN Security Council votes 13-0 (2 abstensions Cuba and Yemen) to place economic sanctions against Iraq
- New York Yankees' player Kevin Mass sets record with 11th home run in first 86 at bats.
- Gulf War: the United Nations Security Council orders a global trade embargo against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?