Thursday August 23, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Trixie Mattel and Seth Curry.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Cadence, directed by Martin Sheen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Megatrends 2000 by John Naisbitt and Patricia Aburdene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Columns II or Air Inferno.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1990 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:23 August
- David Rose: London, England -- Orchestra leader (Red Skelton Show, Stripper).
- East and West Germany announced that they would unite on October 3
- US begins call up of 46,000 reservists to the Persian Gulf
- Armenia declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
- West Germany and East Germany announce that they will unite on October 3.
- Saddam Hussein appears on Iraqi state television with a number of Western ''guests'' (actually hostages) to try to prevent the Gulf War.
- Northern Ireland writer Brian Keenan is released from Lebanon after being held hostage for nearly 5 years.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Alvaro Torres - Si Estuvieras Conmigo
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?