Tuesday 31 December 1929, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francesco Alberoni and Maurice Fanon.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1929 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Francesco Alberoni: Italian writer.
- Maurice Fanon: French actor, musician, singer, and composer.
- Mies Bouwman: Dutch television presenter.
- Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud: Royalty.
- Mehran Goulian: American physician, biochemist, professor of medicine at university of California, San Diego.
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Divini illius magistri