Sunday 23 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oskar Schwappacher and Gilbert Voyer.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1914 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:23 August
- Gen von Hausen executes 612 inhabitants of Dinant Belgium
- World War I: the Battle of Mons; the British Army begins withdrawal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?