Friday 2 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Duke of Devonshire and Peter Harrison Swan.
Kämpfende Gewalten oder Welt ohne Krieg, directed by Fritz Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1920 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Duke of Devonshire: English large landowner / art collector.
- Peter Harrison Swan: Bomber pilot / stockbroker.
- Penelope Jessel: politcal activist.
- Isaac Asimov: Russian-American biochemist, science columnist, anthropologist and prolific sci-fi writer.
- Anna Langfus: Polish/French author of Jewish origin and survivor of Nazi persecution.
- Andr? Poitevin: Marseille EXecutives
- Paul Adam: French author, novelist and traveler who was prosecuted for his first novel and acquitted.
- 10,000 US union and socialist organizers arrested (Palmer Raids).
- The second Palmer Raid takes place with another 6,000 suspected communists and anarchists arrested and held without trial. These raids take place in several U.S. cities.
- The forces of Russian White Admiral Alexander Kolchak surrender in Krasnoyarsk. The Great Siberian Ice March ensues.
- The New York State Assembly refuses to seat five duly elected Socialist assemblymen.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas Time at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?