Friday 23 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1920 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Henry Eriksson: Swedish runner (d. 2000).
- Walter Morrison: American businessman invented the Frisbee (d. 2010).
- Walter Frederick Morrison: American inventor (d. 2010).
- Erbet Pawel: biographer (Kafka).
- Dutch refuse to turn over ex-kaiser Wilhelm I of Germany to allies
- The Netherlands refuses to surrender ex-Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany to the Allies.
- The Netherlands refuses to extradite the German Kaiser.
- The Spanish Legion is founded and stationed in North Africa to fight lions in Morocco.
- Turkey gives up the Ottoman Empire and most of the non-Turkish areas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?