Saturday 17 January 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1920 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Nora Kaye: NYC, New York -- Prima ballerina.
- Joseph George: Handy Hendleman musician.
- Corsica Joe: French-American wrestler (d. 2010).
- Georges Pichard: French author and illustrator (d. 2003).
- Paul Deschanel elected President of France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?