Thursday 22 January 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Breakston and Piet Van.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1920 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- George Breakston: Paris, France -- Actor / director (Jungle Stampede).
- Piet Van: Lishout Flemish writer (Eva and I).
- William Warfield: singer (Show Boat).
- Jean Fontaine: French producer and director of radio and television shows.
- Bob Hames: American jazz guitarist who played with major dance orchestras.
- Jacques Leprette: French diplomat who served as his country's ambassador to Germany (1952-1955), the USA (1955-1959), and Mauritania (1961-1963).
- Donald Lorenzen: American local politician and mortician.
- Pete Sianis: American career military man who joined the Air Force on November 1940. He ran missions over Europe during WWII. In 1946 he was released from active duty but returned a year later. After additional combat duty during the Korean War, he took on several assignments in administration and training, ultimately rising to Major General in 1964. Sianis earned several medals and honors along the way, including the Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, and Bronze Star.
- Robert Degris: Périgueux Politician
- Irving Kristol: American journalist author and academic founded The National Interest (d. 2009)
- Alf Ramsey: English footballer and manager (d. 1999)
- The Australian Country Party is officially formed, led by Nelson Pollard.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?