Thursday 22 January 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1920 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- George Breakston: Paris, France -- Actor / director (Jungle Stampede).
- Jacques Leprette: French diplomat who served as his country's ambassador to Germany (1952-1955), the USA (1955-1959), and Mauritania (1961-1963).
- Pete Sianis: American career military man who joined the Air Force on November 1940.
- Bob Hames: American jazz guitarist who played with major dance orchestras.
- Jean Fontaine: French producer and director of radio and television shows.
- Irving Kristol: American journalist author and academic founded The National Interest (d. 2009)
- Alf Ramsey: English footballer and manager (d. 1999)
- Robert Degris: Périgueux Politician
- Piet Van: Lishout Flemish writer (Eva and I).
- William Warfield: singer (Show Boat).
- Donald Lorenzen: American local politician and mortician.
- The Australian Country Party is officially formed, led by Nelson Pollard.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?