Tuesday 20 January 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1920 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- DeForest Kelley: TV Actor.
- Thorleif Schjelderup: Norwegian ski jumper and writer.
- Frank Kush: American football player and coach.
- Clint Wager: American athlete, pro-basketball player for one season, 1949-50.
- Federico Fellini: Italian film maker, a screenwriter and director of top Italian films, known by many as the master of cinema.
- Peter Clemoes: anglo-Saxon scholar.
- Richard John: Copeland Atkinson archaeologist.
- Sam M Gibbons (Representative-Democrat-Florida: 1963-).
- Maureen Dragone: American journalist and author. She was one of the longest-standing members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association which presents the annual Golden Globe Awards. In 1978 she founded the Young Artist Association, which presents the annual Young Artist Awards.
- Georg Lurich: Estonian wrestler and strongman (d. 1920).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber passes school laws
- The American Civil Liberties Union is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?