Tuesday 20 January 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Clemoes and Richard John.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1920 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Peter Clemoes: anglo-Saxon scholar.
- Richard John: Copeland Atkinson archaeologist.
- Sam M Gibbons (Representative-Democrat-Florida: 1963-).
- Frank Kush: American football player and coach.
- Maureen Dragone: American journalist and author.
- Federico Fellini: Italian film maker, a screenwriter and director of top Italian films, known by many as the master of cinema. He thrived on chaos and confusion, and his films are noted for being weird, strange and exaggerated.
- Thorleif Schjelderup: Norwegian ski jumper and writer. He was the first Norwegian to jump over 100 meters on ski.
- Clint Wager: American athlete, pro-basketball player for one season, 1949-50.
- DeForest Kelley: TV Actor
- Georg Lurich: Estonian wrestler and strongman (d. 1920).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber passes school laws
- The American Civil Liberties Union is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?