Monday 26 January 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1920 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Dan Martin: French astrologer, he contributed to the periodical "Astres" (1968-2008).
- Hans Holzer: Austrian researcher and writer who often focuses on paranormal topics.
- Derek Bond: Scottish-British author and actor of London stage from 1937 and film from 1946.
- John Logan: Gorlay journalist.
- Robert Giraud: France Writer.
- Former Ford Motor Company executive Henry Leland launches the Lincoln Motor Company which he later sold to his former employer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ben Selvin & His Orchestra - Dardanella
- Everybody Calls Me Honey - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?