Wednesday 10 January 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here to Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1951 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Kathleen Bradley in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; model (The Price is Right).
- Rockwell Blake: American tenor and actor.
- Paul DiMaggio: American sociologist and academic.
- Alejandro Escovedo: American singer-songwriter.
- Nicolas Philibert: French actor and director.
- Pez Whatley: American wrestler (d. 2005)
- Yoshio Nishina: Japanese physicist and academic (d. 1951).
- Athos Palma: Composer, dies at 59.
- Harry Sinclair Lewis: US writer (Nobel Prize 1930), dies at age 65.
- Sinclair Lewis: American writer, novelist and Nobel Prize winner in 1930, the first American novelist to win a Nobel prize for literature.
- 1st jet passenger trip made
- UN headquarters opens in Manhattan, New York
- United Nations headquarters opens in Manhattan, New York, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Frosty the Snowman - Nat King Cole Pete Rugolo & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 January 1951 and get them!