Thursday 25 January 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1951 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Steve Prefontaine: American extraordinary athlete and track icon of the '70s, the fastest American in history.
- Steve Prefontaine in Coos Bay: Oregon, USA; 5km distance runner (Olympics-4th-1972) (dies 1975).
- Leonid Telyatnikov: Kazakhstani-Ukrainian firefighter (d. 2004).
- Dutch author Anne de Vries releases the first volume of her novel ''Journey Through the Night'' (''Reis door de nacht'') set during World War II.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 January 1951 and get them!