It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
- Halls of Montezuma
directed by Lewis Milestone
starring: Richard Widmark, Jack Palance, Reginald Gardiner
- Born Yesterday
directed by George Cukor
starring: Judy Holliday, William Holden, Broderick Crawford
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Monday, 15 January 1951 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
Famous People born
- Cloud of Death rolls down Mount Lamington, New Guinea kills 3-5,000
- Supreme Court rule clear and present danger of incitement to riot is not protected speech and can be a cause for arrest
- Ilse Koch, ''The Witch of Buchenwald'', wife of the commandant of the Buchenwald concentration camp, is sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in West Germany.
- US Supreme Court rules "clear and present danger" of incitement to riot is not protected speech and can be a cause for arrest.
: California, United States -- Vocalist / guitar (Motels-Only the Lonely, Shame)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
From Here to Eternity
by James Jones
Diamond Head, Hawaii, 1941. Pvt. Robert E. Lee Prewitt is a champion welterweight and a fine bugler. But when he refuses to join the company's boxing team, he gets "the treatment" that may break him or kill him. First
The Caine Mutiny
by Herman Wouk
The Novel that Inspired the Now-Classic Film The Caine Mutiny and the Hit Broadway Play The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial Herman Wouk's boldly dramatic, brilliantly entertaining novel of life-and mutiny-on a Navy warship in the Pacific theater was immediately embraced, upon its original publication in 1951, as one of the first serious works of American fiction to grapple with the moral complexities and the human consequences of World War II.
by Sholem Asch
Hardcover: 505 pages
Publisher: GP Putnam's Sons, NY; First Edition edition (June 1951)
Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 6.1 x 1.5
by Henry Morton Robinson
On its first publication, The Cardinal was an immediate bestseller. A selection of the Literary Guild, it was published in more than a dozen languages and sold over two million copies.
Durkees Margarine Butter (1951)
Ancient Age Whiskey (1951)
Libbys Tomato Juice Time Out Mother (1951)
Tell the world why Monday, 15 January 1951 is such a special date for you!