Monday 15 January 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1951 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Catherine Trautmann: French politician for the Socialist Party (France).
- Charo : Spanish-American singer guitarist and actress.
- Albert Foulcher: French criminal, a former insurance agent and gun enthusiast, who murdered two policemen and two other men near Narbonne in early January 2001.
- Martha Davis: California, United States -- Vocalist / guitar (Motels-Only the Lonely, Shame).
- Cloud of Death rolls down Mount Lamington, New Guinea kills 3-5,000
- Supreme Court rule clear and present danger of incitement to riot is not protected speech and can be a cause for arrest
- Ilse Koch, ''The Witch of Buchenwald'', wife of the commandant of the Buchenwald concentration camp, is sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in West Germany.
- US Supreme Court rules "clear and present danger" of incitement to riot is not protected speech and can be a cause for arrest.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?