It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
- Halls of Montezuma
directed by Lewis Milestone
starring: Richard Widmark, Jack Palance, Reginald Gardiner
- Born Yesterday
directed by George Cukor
starring: Judy Holliday, William Holden, Broderick Crawford
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Monday, 15 January 1951 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
Famous People born
- Cloud of Death rolls down Mount Lamington, New Guinea kills 3-5,000
- Supreme Court rule clear and present danger of incitement to riot is not protected speech and can be a cause for arrest
- Ilse Koch, ''The Witch of Buchenwald'', wife of the commandant of the Buchenwald concentration camp, is sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in West Germany.
- US Supreme Court rules "clear and present danger" of incitement to riot is not protected speech and can be a cause for arrest.
: California, United States -- Vocalist / guitar (Motels-Only the Lonely, Shame)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
From Here to Eternity
by James Jones
Diamond Head, Hawaii, 1941. Pvt. Robert E. Lee Prewitt is a champion welterweight and a fine bugler. But when he refuses to join the company's boxing team, he gets "the treatment" that may [...]
The Caine Mutiny
by Herman Wouk
The Novel that Inspired the Now-Classic Film The Caine Mutiny and the Hit Broadway Play The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial Herman Wouk's boldly dramatic, brilliantly entertaining novel of life-and mutiny-on a Navy [...]
by Sholem Asch
Hardcover: 505 pages
Publisher: GP Putnam's Sons, NY; First Edition edition (June 1951)
Product Dimensions: 8.3 [...]
by Henry Morton Robinson
On its first publication, The Cardinal was an immediate bestseller. A selection of the Literary Guild, it was published in more than a dozen languages and sold over two million copies. [...]
Tell the world why Monday, 15 January 1951 is such a special date for you!