Monday 1 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily McLaughlin and Matt Monro.
Rogue of the Rio Grande, directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1930 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Emily McLaughlin
- Matt Monro: English singer (Born 1932).
- Ardina Moore: Quapaw-Osage Native American from Miami, Oklahoma.
- Marie Bashir: Australian psychiatrist academic and politician 37th Governor of New South Wales.
- Rhea Chiles: American philanthropist founded the Polk Museum of Art (d. 2015).
- Joachim Hoffmann: German historian and author (d. 2002).
- Ruth Nichols becomes 1st woman pilot to cross continent
- NHL drops 20 minute slashing-about-the-head penalty.