Monday 1 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ardina Moore and Marie Bashir.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1930 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Ardina Moore: Quapaw-Osage Native American from Miami, Oklahoma.
- Marie Bashir: Australian psychiatrist academic and politician 37th Governor of New South Wales.
- Rhea Chiles: American philanthropist founded the Polk Museum of Art (d. 2015).
- Joachim Hoffmann: German historian and author (d. 2002).
- Matt Monro: English singer (Born 1932).
- Ruth Nichols becomes 1st woman pilot to cross continent
- NHL drops 20 minute slashing-about-the-head penalty.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 December 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?