Sunday 1 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Corley and John Lemmon.
White Hell of Pitz Palu, directed by Dr. Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1930 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Pat Corley: American actor, known for his role as bar owner Phil on the CBS sitcom "Murphy Brown" from 1988 to 1996.
- John Lemmon: English logician and philosopher (d. 1966).
- Richard Levins: American ecologist and geneticist (d. 2016).
- Edward Woodward: English actor and singer (d. 2009).
- 6th French Mens Tennis: Henri Cochet beats Bill Tilden (36 86 63 61)
- Alphense Boys soccer team forms in Alphen on Rhine
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?