Sunday 1 June 1930US date format: 6/1/1930, UK date format: 1/6/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Woodward and Pat Corley.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1930 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Edward Woodward: English actor and singer (d. 2009).
- Clint Eastwood: Actor.
- Pat Corley: American actor, known for his role as bar owner Phil on the CBS sitcom "Murphy Brown" from 1988 to 1996.
- John Lemmon: English logician and philosopher (d. 1966).
- Richard Levins: American ecologist and geneticist (d. 2016).
- 6th French Mens Tennis: Henri Cochet beats Bill Tilden (36 86 63 61)
- Alphense Boys soccer team forms in Alphen on Rhine