Tuesday 2 November 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 2, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Life by Keith Richards was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching In Between Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Rock Shooter or Comic Jumper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 2 November 2010 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 November
- Greek mail bombs
- Parcel bombs explode at the Mexican, Russian and Swiss embassies in Greece. Similar packages were sent or addressed to the embassies of Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Germany and the Netherlands over the past two days. (''China Daily'')
- Greece suspends international mail and parcel services for 48 hours. (Al-Jazeera)
- Two militants are killed by security forces in the Shopian district of south Kashmir. (Sify)
- A series of bomb blasts in Baghdad, Iraq, kill at least 63 and injure 180. (Xinhua)
- Fudan University releases the results of a survey that shows that 72.6% of Shanghai residents visited Shanghai Expo, an average of 2.31 times per resident. (''Shanghai Daily'')
- BP raises the estimated cost of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico to $40 billion. (Reuters)
- At least 14 people are killed as Tropical Storm Tomas passes over Saint Lucia. (''Jamaica Observer'')
- Thousands of people are stranded amid flash floods in Thailand. (''Straits Times'')
- 17 people are killed and three others injured when a truck carrying them overturned at Tarapur talukav near Indranaj in India. The truck was on its way from Surat to Bhavnagar. (''PTI'' via Mathrubhumi)
- Continuing eruptions of Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, lead to cancellation of flights to the nearby city of Yogyakarta. (''Shanghai Daily'')
- President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez welcomes President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos to Caracas. (Xinhua)
- A senior military intelligence officer is arrested in Taiwan for being a double agent for China. (RTHK)
- Japan temporarily recalls its ambassador to Russia amid a dispute over a visit by President Dmitry Medvedev to the Kuril Islands. (BBC)
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron and the French President Nicolas Sarkozy meet in London and sign a treaty allowing joint development and testing of nuclear warheads, and outline plans for a joint army expeditionary force. (Xinhua)
- A court in Zambia grants bail to two Chinese managers accused of attempted murder for shooting and injuring 11 coal miners during a protest over pay and working conditions. (Zambian Watchdog)
- Yemen charges militant Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki with incitement to kill foreigners. (CNN)
- Salum Khalfani Bar'wani of the opposition Civic United Front party is elected as a Member of Parliament, the first albino to serve elective office in Tanzania. (BBC)
- Kosovo's government is brought down. (BBC)
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is subjected to calls for his resignation by opposition politicians amid reports of his involvement with a 17-year-old girl. He responds by saying ampquotIt's better to like beautiful girls than be gayampquot, causing further anger and leading to demonstrations by gay groups. (''The New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 November 2010
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Monaco - Bordeaux : 2 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brentford - Bournemouth : 1 - 1
- Brighton - Exeter : 3 - 0
- Carlisle - Tranmere : 2 - 0
- Colchester - Leyton Orient : 3 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Barnet - Stevenage : 0 - 3
- Burton - Port Vale : 0 - 0
- Bury - Bradford : 0 - 1
- Chesterfield - Accrington : 5 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Lockheed Martin’s F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the nation’s most expensive arms program, could also see delays. [..]
Many stations that had severe advertising losses in 2009 are benefiting financially from the mudslinging ads in the midterm elections. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.57
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $89.84
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.21
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.75
- 1 CHF = 6.8223 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6231 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.97 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.677 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?