Wednesday 24 November 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Tangled, directed by Nathan Greno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dante's Inferno or Blood Drive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 November 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 November
- Huang Hua: Chinese translator and politician 5th Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China (d. 2010).
- Shelling of Yeonpyeong:
- The bodies of two civilians killed in the attack are discovered on Yeonpyeong. (Yonhap)
- South Korea suspends flood aid to North Korea following the attack. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Debut novellist Amy Sackville wins the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize for her novel ''The Still Point''.
- Workers in Portugal hold a general strike to protest against proposed cuts to wages. (BBC)
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao visits Moscow and meets with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. Chinese companies sign deals worth over $8.6 billion with Russian counterparts. (AFP via Yahoo! Finance)
- Don Chu, an executive of a hedge fund networking fund Primary Global Research, is arrested on insider trading charges in the United States. (Reuters)
- Ireland unveils a 15 billion euro austerity package to secure a bailout from the financial crisis. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- American corporations posted record profits of $1.67trillion for last quarter, amidst high unemployment rates. (CNN)
- 29 miners in a New Zealand mine are confirmed dead after a second explosion, following a first explosion on November 19 which trapped them. (''Sydney Daily Telegraph'')
- An Australian Government report on the Montara oil spill blames it on oil rig operator PTTEP. (AP via Forbes)
- The United Nations and Pan American Health Organization estimate that the number of cases in the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak could reach more than 200,000 in the next three months. (BBC)
- Former United States House of Representatives Majority Leader and former ''Dancing with the Stars'' contestant Tom DeLay is convicted of money laundering and conspiracy in relation to Republican fundraising for the 2002 Texas state elections. (Reuters)
- Brazilian police shoot dead at least thirteen people in Rio de Janeiro following a wave of violence by suspected drug traffickers. (BBC)
- One protester is killed during clashes between riot police and Egyptian copts after permission was refused for a new church. (RFI)
- Blaise Compaoré is re-elected as President of Burkina Faso following a presidential election with 81% of the vote. (''Times Live South Africa'')
- Protests occur in Kabul follow the announcement of most of the results of the Afghan parliamentary election. (Reuters)
- UK Independence Party MEP Godfrey Bloom is expelled from the chamber of the European Parliament after calling German Socialist MEP Martin Schulz an ampquotundemocratic fascistampquot. (''The Independent'')
- University students throughout England and Wales stage a day of demonstrations against increases in tuition fees and cuts to higher education funding. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 November 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?