Tuesday 27 September 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include D E Nineham and Stephen Douglass.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Edward I. Luddy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1921 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- D E Nineham: Theologian.
- Stephen Douglass: American stage actor with occasional TV credits.
- Miklós Jancsó: Hungarian director and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Milton Subotsky: American screenwriter and producer co-founded Amicus Productions (d. 1991).
- Bernard Waber: American author and illustrator (d. 2013).
- Engelbert Humperdinck: British singer who was born in India and has performed many hit songs, including some pop and ballads.
- Yanks beat Indians 21-7 in Polo Grounds
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 September 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All By Myself - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Dangerous Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?