Monday 2 December 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lowell North and Jaap Boersma.
Glorifying the American Girl, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1929 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Lowell North: Springfield, Massachusetts -- Yachtsman (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jaap Boersma: Dutch Minister for Social Affairs (ARP).
- Harvey Phillips in Aurora: Missouri, USA; tubist (New York City Ballet Orchestra).
- Gianini Belotti: Italian author, noted feminist writer, wrote "Dalla parte delle bambine" (1973).
- Dan Jenkins: American journalist and author.
- Leon Litwack: American historian and author
- 1st skull of Peking man found, 50 km out of Peking at Tsjoe Koe Tien
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?