Monday 3 April 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 3, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François de Roubaix and Lee Williams.
Frontier Pony Express, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1939 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- François de Roubaix: French composer (d. 1975).
- Lee Williams: American astrologer, a highly talented writer and mystic.
- Malcolm Thornton: British Member of Parliament.
- Paul Craig Roberts: American economist.
- Francois de Roubaix: French film score composer (d. 1975).
- Marvin Gaye: Musician.
- Hawk Taylor: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Paul Roberts: American economist and politician.
- Jacques Kergoat: French sociologist, historian and political activist of the Far-left.
- Vitaliy Davidov: USSR -- Ice hockey player (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Adolf Hitler orders the German military to start planning for Fall Weiss, the codename for the invasion of Poland.
- Refik Saydam forms the new government in Turkey. (12 th government Refik Saydam had served twice as a prime minister )
- Faisal II becomes King of Iraq.
- The Slovak-Hungarian War ends with Slovakia ceding eastern territories to Hungary.