Monday 3 April 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François de Roubaix and Lee Williams.
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 April 1939 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- François de Roubaix: French composer (d. 1975).
- Lee Williams: American astrologer, a highly talented writer and mystic.
- Malcolm Thornton: British Member of Parliament.
- Paul Craig Roberts: American economist.
- Francois de Roubaix: French film score composer (d. 1975).
- Jacques Kergoat: French sociologist, historian and political activist of the Far-left.
- Hawk Taylor: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Paul Roberts: American economist and politician.
- Vitaliy Davidov: USSR -- Ice hockey player (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Adolf Hitler orders the German military to start planning for Fall Weiss, the codename for the invasion of Poland.
- Refik Saydam forms the new government in Turkey. (12 th government Refik Saydam had served twice as a prime minister )
- Faisal II becomes King of Iraq.
- The Slovak-Hungarian War ends with Slovakia ceding eastern territories to Hungary.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?