Friday 14 April 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cameron Cooper and Seamus Heaney.
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1939 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Cameron Cooper: American who has appeared in previous editions of AstroDatabank as "the red-haired actress who appeared in Kenneth Anger's 'Pleasure Dome' and who was a "self-proclaimed witch.
- Seamus Heaney: Poet.
- Paul Sorvino: Actor.
- Jennifer Fowler: Composer.
- John Steinbeck novel The Grapes of Wrath published
- The Grapes of Wrath, by American author John Steinbeck is first published by the Viking Press.