Tuesday 11 April 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louise Lasser in New York City and Gérard Delteil.
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 April 1939 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Louise Lasser in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Mary Hartman! Mary Hartman!).
- Gérard Delteil: French writer, an author of numerous crime novels, thrillers and suspense narratives.
- Luther Johnson: American singer and guitarist.
- Louise Lasser: American actress and screenwriter.
- SS Van Dine [William Huntingdon Wright]: Detective writer, dies at 50.
- Hungary leaves League of Nations.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?