Thursday 27 April 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Nitschke and Stanisław Dziwisz.
Union Pacific, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 April 1939 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Michael Nitschke: German physicist, honored for his important contributions to nuclear physics when he was elected to a Fellowship in the American Physical Society.
- Stanisław Dziwisz: Polish cardinal.
- Stanislaw Dziwisz: Polish Cardinal.
- Jean-Marie Charpentier: French architect, designed the Shangai theatre.
- Jerry Mercer: Canadian musician, drummer in the group April Wine.
- Judy Carne: British actress and comedian.
- Ely Racecourse in Cardiff closes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?