Monday 3 June 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loretta Long and Connie Saylor.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1940 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Loretta Long: American actress and singer.
- Connie Saylor: American NASCAR racecar driver (Born 1940).
- Last British / French troop leave Dunkirk
- World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk ends with a German victory and with Allied forces in full retreat.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?