Saturday 3 June 1939US date format: 6/3/1939, UK date format: 3/6/1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 3, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include David Frederick Stock and Michael N. Castle.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1939 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Michael N. Castle: Politician.
- David Frederick Stock: Composer.
- Phil Gallie: MP.
- Kathleen E Woodiwiss: American novelist.
- Frank Blevins: English-Australian lawyer and politician...
- Steve Dalkowski: American baseball player.
- Ian Hunter: Actor / writer (Rockets Galore,...
- Jon Tolaas: Norwegian poet and author (d. 2012).
- Kathleen Woodiwiss: American model and author (d. 2007).
- 71st Belmont: James Stout aboard Johnstown wins in 2:29.6
- Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles chart by Will Glahe
- The Soviet government offers its definition of what constitutes quotaggressionquot, upon which the projected Anglo-Soviet-French alliance will come into effect. The French Foreign Minister Georges Bonnet accepts the Soviet definition of aggression at once. The British reject the Soviet definition, especially the concept of quotindirect aggressionquot, which they feel is too loose a definition and phrased in such a manner as to imply the Soviet right of inference in the internal affairs of