Wednesday 4 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Thomas and Bernard Metz.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1920 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Helen Thomas: American journalist, noted in her field for her longevity and her direct, to-the-point questioning of US Presidents.
- Bernard Metz: Strasbourg physician.
- Vladimir Ivanovich Rebikov: Composer, dies at 54.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?