Wednesday 4 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Thomas and Bernard Metz.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1920 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Helen Thomas: American journalist, noted in her field for her longevity and her direct, to-the-point questioning of US Presidents.
- Bernard Metz: Strasbourg physician.
- Vladimir Ivanovich Rebikov: Composer, dies at 54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?