Friday 4 October 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vic Hadfield and Silvio Marzolini.
The Long Voyage Home, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1940 ?
- Vic Hadfield: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Silvio Marzolini: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Steve Swallow: American bass player and composer.
- Alberto Vilar: Cuban-American investor and philanthropist.
- 12 German aircrafts shot down above England
- French Vichy-regime proclaims end of Statut of the Juifs
- Wrestling returns to Madison Square Gardens after 12 year lay off.
- Meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini at the Brenner Pass.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?