Friday 4 October 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Lombard and Silvio Marzolini.
The Long Voyage Home, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1940 ?
- Alain Lombard
- Silvio Marzolini: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Vic Hadfield: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Steve Swallow: American bass player and composer.
- Alberto Vilar: Cuban-American investor and philanthropist.
- 12 German aircrafts shot down above England
- French Vichy-regime proclaims end of Statut of the Juifs
- Wrestling returns to Madison Square Gardens after 12 year lay off.
- Meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini at the Brenner Pass.