Sunday 20 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Santini and Claudio Pieri.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1940 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- André Santini: French politician, the mayor of Issy-les-Moulineaux, Hauts-de-Seine.
- Claudio Pieri: Italian soccer umpire.
- Jean Clair: French essayist, polemicist, art historian, art conservator, and member of the Académie française since May 2008.
- Nikita Mandryka: French cartoonist of Russian origin.
- Kathy Kirby: English singer (d. 2011).
- Robert Pinsky: American poet and Poet Laureate of the United States.
- Gunnar Asplund: Swedish architect and academic designed the Stockholm Public Library (d. 1940).
- Cheese rationed in the Netherlands
- Greenhouse rationing begins in the Netherlands