Sunday 6 October 1940US date format: 10/6/1940, UK date format: 6/10/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Dmitriyevich Andreyev and Jerry Heller.
The Long Voyage Home, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1940 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Jerry Heller: Businessman.
- Boris Dmitriyevich Andreyev: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Wyche Fowler Jr: (Rep-D-Georgia, 1977-87).
- Ellen Travolta in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; actress (Louise -...
- John Warnock: American electrical engineer and CEO of...
- Philippe Baillet: France sport Champion.
- Jan Keizer: Dutch footballer and referee.
- Ellen Travolta: American actress.
- Ferdinando Liuzzi: Composer, dies at 55.
- Zoological Gardens opens on Sloat and Skyline in San Francisco
Sport Games on 6 October 1940
- Chicago Bears - Cleveland Rams : 21 - 14
- Washington Redskins - Pittsburgh Pirates : 40 - 10