Tuesday 29 October 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 29, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frida Boccara and David Brigati.
Li'l Abner, directed by Albert S. Rogell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1940 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Frida Boccara: French singer of Italian descent.
- David Brigati: American singer (Joey Dee and the Starliters and The Rascals).
- Angela Douglas: English actress and singer.
- Jose Ulises Macias Salcedo: Catholic bishop.
- Jack Shepherd: English actor director and playwright.
- Galen Weston: English-Canadian businessman and philanthropist founded George Weston Limited.
- Connie Mack: (Rep-R-Florida, 1983- / Sen-R-FL).
- Secretary of War Henry L Stimson draws first number (158) in first peacetime military draft in US history.
- The Selective Service System lottery is held in Washington, D.C..
- November ndash In Cambodia the Khmer Issarak is formed to overthrow the French Army within the nation.